Main Article Content
The management of panurethral stricture was still challenging and controversial. We presented a case of pan urethral strictures management by using a one-sided dissection of dorsal onlay buccal mucosal graft (BMG) urethroplasty (Kulkarni technique). A 53-years old man admitted with panurethral stricture who had previously undergone several procedures. Bipolar micturition cystourethrography procedure revealed 17 cm stricture length. One-sided dissection dorsal onlay buccal mucosal graft urethroplasty was performed. No drain was placed. The Foley catheter was removed four weeks after surgery, and the results of the micturition were favourable. No fistulae were found at a straight erection and meatus at a normal position. The postoperative flow rate (Qmax) was 24.9 ml/second. As a conclusion Kulkarni technique urethroplasty gained good outcome for panurethral stricture in our case.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Pisapati VL, Paturi S, Bethu S, et al. Dorsal buccal mucosal graft urethroplasty for anterior urethral stricture by Asopa technique. Eur Urol. 2009;56(1):201-5. DOI: 10.1016/j.eururo.2008.06.002
- Barbagli G, Guazzoni G, Lazzeri M. One-stage bulbar urethroplasty: retrospective analysis of the results in 375 patients. Eur Urol. 2008;53(4):828-33. DOI: 10.1016/j.eururo.2008.01.041
- Kulkarni S, Barbagli G, Sansalone S, et al. One-sided anterior urethroplasty: A new dorsal onlay graft technique. BJU Int. 2009;104(8):1150-5. DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08590.x
- Kulkarni S, Kulkarni J, Surana S, et al. Management of panurethral stricture. The Urologic Clinics of North America. 2017;44(1):67-75. DOI: 10.1016/j.ucl.2016.08.011
- Duarsa GWK, Subnafeu R, Oka AAG, et al. The comparable results of minimally invasive therapy versus primary anastomosis in the management of partial posterior urethral stricture. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2020;8(B):435-438. DOI: 10.3889/oamjms.2020.3359
- Reynard, J., Brewster, S. and Biers, S., n.d. Oxford handbook of urology. 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp.506-551.
- Tabassi KT, Mansourian E, Yarmohamadi A. One-stage transperineal repair of pan-urethral stricture with dorsally placed buccal mucosal grafts: results, complications, and surgical technique. Urol J. 2011;8(4):307-12.
- Humby G. A one-stage operation for hypospadias repair. Br J Surg. 1941;29:84–92. DOI : 10.1002/bjs.18002911312
- Bhargava S, Chapple CR. Buccal mucosal urethroplasty: is it the new gold standard? BJU Int. 2004;93(9):1191-3. DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2003.04860.x.
- Kulkarni S, Joshi P, Surana S, et al. Management of panurethral stricture. African Journal of Urology. 2016;22:33-39. DOI: 10.1016/j.afju.2016.01.001