Main Article Content
The bulbar urethra stricture is the most common form of anterior urethral stricture. The treatment of urethral strictures are varies and remains a challenging field in urology. Excision Primary Anastomosis (EPA) described as the most effective intervention for traumatic urethral stricture cases with a long-term success rate. This case report described male, 42 years old with history of pelvic injury. He had underwent cystostomy and conservative management for his pelvic injury. After EPA and pubectomy procedure in September 2019, he was still unable to void from his urethra. Radiologic evaluation with BVUC was done on October 2019, showing total obstruction of urethral as high as superior aspects of pars bulbosa, unfavourable anastomosed and displaced urethra. Acquired urethral stricture or fistula is an unexpected result of urethral reconstruction and leads to much inconvenience as well as psychological problem for the patient. This condition is avoidable by operation that was performed by experienced urologist and using a flexible cystoscopy as a guidance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Tritschler S, Roosen A, Füllhase C, Stief CG, Rübben H. Urethral Stricture : Etiology , Investigation and Treatments. 2013;110(13):220-6. DOI:10.3238/arztebl.2013.0220
- Cheng L, Li S, Wang Z, Huang B. ScienceDirect A brief review on anterior urethral strictures. Asian J Urol. 2018;(January):6-11. DOI:10.1016/j.ajur.2017.12.005
- Li ZL, Fu DL, Chong T LH. Reconstruction for the distal urethral end incorrectly anastomosed to the proximal false passage in the treatment of urethral stricture. Am J Case Rep. 2014:239-42. DOI:10.12659/AJCR.890378
- Tabei T, Horiguchi A KK. Complicated bulbar urethral stricture successfully treated using augmented anastomotic urethroplasty : A case report. IJU Case Rep. 2019:7-10. DOI:10.1002/iju5.12113
- Blaschko SD, Sanford MT, Cinman NM, McAninch JW, Breyer BN. De novo erectile dysfunction after anterior urethroplasty: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BJU Int. 2013;112(5):655-63. DOI:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11741.x
- Park S, Aninch JWMC. Straddle injuries to the bulbar urethra : management and outcomes in 78 patients. 2004;171(February):722-5. DOI:10.1097/01.ju.0000108894.09050.c0
- Joshi P, Kaya C, Kulkarni S. Approach to bulbar urethral strictures : Which technique and when ? Turk J Urol. 2016;42(2):53-9. DOI:10.5152/tud.2016.12989
- Prabhu MK, Sinha M, Krishnamoorthy V. False urethral anastomosis. Indian J Urol. 2012;28(2):222-3. DOI:10.4103/0970-1591.98475